This is a no-bake, easy strawberries and cream recipe filled with light, soft mascarpone cream and topped off with sugared pistachios.
- 8 oz. of mascarpone cream
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 lb strawberries (hulled and sliced)
- 1/2 tsp. sugar (optional)
- 1/3 cup raw pistachios
- 3 tsp. light brown sugar
- 1 T. melted butter
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the heavy cream, confectioners sugar, and vanilla extract until peaks form, starting on low and slowly increasing the speed to high. Add in the mascarpone and incorporate in until well blended. Set aside.
- In a food processor, pulse together the pistachios and brown sugar. Transfer to a small bowl and mix in the melted butter. Store the pistachio crumble in the fridge until you are ready to assemble.
- To assemble, start by layering 1/4 of the strawberries in a small wine or parfait glass. Then sprinkle some of the pistachio crumble and add 1/2 of the cream. Top with some more strawberries and pistachio crumble. Repeat for another serving.
- Serve immediately.
You can make the mascarpone cream and the pistachio crumble a day in advance. Just assemble before serving. Also, feel free to adjust the proportions of the strawberries, cream and pistachio crumble to your preferences.