Full of flavor, these homemade pork patties are savory and rich. They’re a meat-lover’s favorite. With only 8 ingredients, they can be made into a weeknight meal or served as an appetizer.
- 1/2 lb ground pork (75% lean, 25% fat)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp. soy sauce
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 6 T. cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 medium onion (finely diced)
- Oil for frying
- Combine: Mix all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Pan-fry: Heat 1 T. of oil in a large pan. With a spoon, drop 1.5-2T. of the filling onto the pan and with a flat spatula, press down slightly until 1/4-inch thick. You can push the edges in slightly if needed to form a circle.
- Fry 2-3 minutes on medium high on each side or until tiny bubbles start forming. When the edges start to brown, it’s time to flip.
- Serve with rice and/or a veggie dish.
Keywords: Pork, Fritters