Adapted from America’s Test Kitchen’s book, “The Perfect Cookie”
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened dark cocoa powder
- 8 T. unsalted butter, softened
- 1/8 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 5 whole graham crackers, crushed into fine crumbs
- 1 tsp. peppermint extract (optional)
- 12 marshmallows, halved crosswise
- 24 Hershey’s Kisses, unwrapped
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet or two with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a small bowl.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the butter, brown sugar and graham crackers until well-combined and fluffy. Mix in the eggs until incorporated. With the mixer on low, slowly add the dry ingredients until all combined. Be careful not to over mix.
- Roll cookie dough into balls, using 2 T. of dough per cookie. Place on baking sheet, press them down slightly, and bake one sheet at a time for 10-12 minutes. Let the baked cookies cool for 5 minutes.
- Adjust an oven rack about 10 inches from the broiler. Heat broiler on high. Place one marshmallow on top of each cookie, centered. Broil cookies for about 15 seconds, watching them closely. Open the oven door and begin rotating the cookie sheet to ensure even browning.
- Remove cookies from oven and place a Hershey’s kiss on top of each marshmallow, pressing down gently. Allow cookies to cool completely before scarfing down.