This savory make ahead quiche combines sausage with onion, tomatoes and broccoli to make a filling and satisfying breakfast on-the-go.
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 1 tsp. garlic (minced )
- 1 small onion (minced)
- 1 cup broccoli (chopped)
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 2 cooked spicy Italian sausages (chopped)
- 4 eggs (beaten)
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 T. melted butter
- 1 pie crust (unbaked, refrigerated or thawed)
- 1 T. oil
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- Heat a large saucepan on medium heat. Drizzle 1 T. oil and add the garlic, onion and broccoli.
- Sauté for 3-4 minutes or until the onion and broccoli soften. Then add the spicy Italian sausage. Mix for another minute. Set pan aside to cool.
- While the vegetables are cooling, whisk together the eggs and milk. Whisk in the melted butter. Make sure the butter isn’t too hot but close to room temperature before adding. Mix in the salt and pepper.
- Spoon the pan mixture into the pie crust. Add the tomatoes and sprinkle the mozzarella cheese on top. Lastly, pour the egg and milk mixture over the cheese.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, occasionally checking at the 35 minute mark. The quiche is done when it is slightly brown on top and has set in the middle.
- Let cool for ten minutes before serving.