- 2/3 cup sugar
- 5 mint leaves (or a handful)
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup lemon juice (squeezed from 3–4 lemons (save half of one for garnishing))
- 1 pint of blueberries
- 1 liter club soda or sparkling water
- Ice (optional)
- In a small pot, heat on medium low the sugar, water and mint leaves to make a syrup. Remove the mixture from the pot once the sugar has dissolved, and let cool to room temperature.
- Using a blender, blend the blueberries and lemon juice. Pour blueberry mixture through a fine sieve to remove any solids.
- Next, mix together the cooled sugar mixture with the blueberry juice. Add in 1 liter of the club soda or sparkling water and mix well. Add ice, if using.
- Serve with fresh lemon slices and garnish with extra mint leaves. Add more sugar or lemon juice to taste.